Ductless AC Installation & Repair in Jeanerette
Did you know that traditional AC systems aren’t the only option when it comes to effective home cooling? Ductless AC’s, or mini-splits, are becoming more popular in the Jeanerette community. From how the system runs to its proven increased efficiency perks, this alternative air conditioning system may be the perfect solution for your home!
Southern Air South Louisiana is the premier ductless AC company for your Jeanerette cooling needs. If you think that a ductless AC is a good fit for your home, contact us today and start your expert services with our team!
How Is Ductless AC Different?
Ductless and traditional ACs are similar in their main build. They both consist of an indoor and outdoor unit. The outdoor units both house the mechanical and electrical components that make it possible for your air to be cooled or heated. Their indoor units, or air handlers, differ in their installation location. Instead of being tucked away in an attic out of sight, ductless air handlers are installed directly to your interior wall.
The main difference between the two systems is the presence of ducts. As ‘ductless’ AC implies, this system does not use ducts to transport air from the air handler to the vents in your home. In fact, the air handler installed on your wall is where the cool or warm air is delivered to your Jeanerette home. This is one of the reasons why mini-splits are considered highly efficient systems — there are no duct leaks to waste air or energy!
Advantages Of Going Ductless
The design of the ductless AC allows it to use different technology and techniques to produce several benefits for your home. Our technicians at Southern Air South Louisiana have seen these results time and time again, so you can expect some of these advantages if you switch to ductless:
- More accurate comfort
- Reduced energy bills
- Fewer repairs or breakdowns
- Sleeker design
- Lower operational costs
Is A Jeanerette Ductless AC Right For Your Home?
While ductless cooling sounds like the best option on the market, it really works best for certain situations. For example, a home that already has ductwork laid or has a lot of open square feet to regulate might be better suited to a traditional central AC system. So, how do you know if ductless is right for you? Here are some of the best circumstances that ductless AC can help you with:
- Home Add Ons — If you’ve added to your home or have a guest suite separated from your home, you’ll probably struggle to figure out how to heat and cool the space. It’s a big hassle and expense to connect the area to your existing ductwork, and your current AC is only meant to handle the original load of your home. This is a great opportunity for the ductless AC to help you.
- Garages & Basements — Whether you’re interested in finishing out a garage or basement or you just want to be able to regulate the temperature more precisely, installing a ductless AC is a great option. These stand-alone rooms in your home can be cooled independently from the others, giving you full control!
- Temperature Wars — If your household often fights over setting the temperature for the whole home, the zone-cooling feature of ductless ACs is your olive branch. Different rooms of the home can be cooled or heated according to the preference of the inhabitants, eliminating all struggles over comfortable temperature control.
- Divided Homes — If your home is designed with a lot of interior walls splitting up rooms and hallways, a traditional AC system might struggle to adequately circulate air. A ductless system could split up the home more efficiently and save you energy in the process!
Interested In Ductless Cooling?
Southern Air South Louisiana has dedicated years to learning the ins and outs of ductless cooling systems. This means we are the best team to complete your Jeanerette ductless AC installation or revisit your home to take care of ductless AC repairs if they occur. If you think ductless AC is right for your home, let our professionals evaluate your needs. Contact us today to get started on your ductless journey!